Federal prosecutors concluded nearly seven weeks of searing testimony in Sean “Diddy” Combs’ high-profile sex trafficking trial with a dramatic day of graphic video evidence and forensic testimony, as the government prepares to rest its case.
On Day 28 of the trial, June 23, the jury was shown approximately 20 minutes of sexually explicit footage central to the prosecution’s narrative of coercion, control, and criminal enterprise. The recordings, described as “freak-off” sessions, were allegedly filmed by Combs and depict him with his ex-girlfriend, known only as Jane, alongside various male escorts.
The videos, ranging from one to two minutes each, were introduced during the direct examination of Special Agent Joseph Cerciello of Homeland Security Investigations, the final witness in the government’s case.
“The jury saw 14 clips selected from over 50 videos,” said courtroom reporter Lauren Conlin. “By the fourth clip, some jurors showed signs of fatigue—an indication of the emotional and psychological toll of the evidence.”
Cerciello also detailed communications, financial records, and surveillance that investigators argue demonstrate Combs’s extensive role in organizing elaborate sexual encounters involving coercion, drugs, and deception.
The courtroom was sealed to the public as jurors were instructed to don headsets to view approximately 20 minutes of sexually explicit video evidence privately. These one- to two-minute clips—referred to by prosecutors as “freak-off” sessions—reportedly show Combs engaging in sexual activity with his former girlfriend, known as “Jane,” and male escorts. According to Homeland Security Special Agent Joseph Cerciello, who took the stand as the prosecution’s final witness, Combs himself filmed the clips.
The videos were described as graphic and deeply unsettling. Although over 50 such recordings were seized during the investigation, only 14 were shown in court. Cerciello testified that he recognized Combs, “Jane,” and another named Cabral in several clips. While jurors remained largely stoic, some appeared visibly fatigued by the fourth or fifth video.
”His testimony, I mean again I had said this last week, we are in the Jane era. We are recapping and summarizing all of that. So a lot of the stuff we had heard before.But I will say we heard a lot of different female names really showing us how much Diddy just appeared to be juggling a few women. We even saw a text from Gina. We had never seen a text from Gina before.But first and foremost the jury saw sexual encounters or explicit videos. There were over 50 videos but they only saw about 14 clips. And the special agent testified that he recognized Diddy, Cabral, and Jane in most of these videos.
‘
Said courtroom reporter Lauren Conlin, and added
”Text messages, emails, etc. And they also want to isolate witness testimony, government witness testimony that was inconsistent with what these witnesses had previously told the government before they got on the stand. And they’re going to be doing this via stipulation and they’re actually working a bit with the government on this to streamline the process.”
Defense attorneys responded swiftly during cross-examination, replaying some of the duplicate footage and arguing that it demonstrated consensual sex between adults. Lead defense attorney Teny Geragos insisted that these encounters were voluntary and that the prosecution’s framing deliberately ignored the context of consensual kink and fantasy play.
The text messages, audio recordings, and video evidence were more damaging. In a series of messages to Combs, “Jane” wrote:
“I don’t want to be f***** and mistreated.”
“I am not a porn star. I am not an animal.”
“I feel exploited.”
The prosecution portrayed these messages as a window into “Jane’s” mental and emotional suffering, further underlining the coercive nature of the relationship. Assistant U.S. Attorney Maurene Comey argued that these exchanges exemplify the pattern of psychological manipulation that Combs allegedly used to maintain control over women in his circle.
Special Agent Cerciello also discussed the extensive logistical planning behind these alleged encounters. One text thread showed Combs’ former chief of staff, Kristina Khorram, informing him that Plan B was on his nightstand. In another audio recording, Combs was heard requesting 20 bottles of baby oil, laughing as he said, “I can’t believe I’m out.”
These details tie into prior testimony from federal agents who found 200 bottles of baby oil and 900 bottles of Astroglide during a raid on Combs’ Los Angeles mansion.
Further texts and invoices revealed a web of bookings, hotel bills, and flight arrangements for escorts, some sourced from services like Cowboys for Angels. One sex worker named Cabral was flown from Atlanta to Newark, with Combs coordinating with assistants to prepare IV drips stocked with vitamin cocktails after extended hotel stays.
One of the most compelling moments came when the prosecution presented a timeline from September 2023. “Jane” had declined to visit Combs in New York after hearing him brag on a podcast about a 48-hour sex marathon with another woman. Yet after convincing her to come anyway—promising a romantic dinner—Combs immediately reached out to multiple escorts behind her back.
“He tells Jane it’ll just be the two of them,” a prosecutor said, “then texts an escort 10 minutes later.”
In another instance, Combs allegedly asked an assistant to cancel a meeting with Young Miami, also known as KT or Carisha, citing a fake family emergency so he could continue spending time with “Jane.”
A post from X.
Special Agent Cerciello outlined various expenses linked to these encounters:
- A $2,490.17 hotel bill from the Trump International Hotel
- Reimbursements for male escorts who “couldn’t perform”
- Texts about cash drops, sex worker pricing disputes, and last-minute cancellations
Cerciello stated that these records match timelines of flights, hotel stays, text exchanges, and financial transfers, all of which strengthen the government’s case for fraud, coercion, and racketeering.
The government is expected to rest its case formally on Tuesday, June 24. In response, Combs’ legal team announced it would not call any witnesses but introduce exhibits, such as texts and stipulations, highlighting inconsistencies in government witness testimony.
Defense attorney Marc Agnifilo said the defense could wrap its case within a day.
The trial is now on the brink of conclusion:
- Wednesday, June 25: Jury instructions (charge conference)
- Thursday, June 26: Closing arguments (four hours per side)
- Friday, June 27: Possible start of jury deliberations
Earlier in the week, Judge Arun Subramanian dismissed a Black male juror for allegedly lying about his residence and replaced him with a white architect from Westchester County. The defense objected, claiming the removal was a covert attempt to alter the jury’s racial composition—an objection the judge overruled
Sean Combs faces five felony counts:
- One count of racketeering conspiracy
- Two counts of sex trafficking by force, fraud, or coercion
- Two counts of interstate transportation for prostitution
If convicted on all charges, the 55-year-old mogul could spend the rest of his life behind bars. Combs continues to assert his innocence, insisting all sexual acts were between consenting adults.


