Rymir Satterthwaite may have dropped his paternity case against JAY-Z — but he’s not done yet.
The 31-year-old, who has spent more than a decade claiming to be the rapper’s secret son, took to Instagram Live on Friday to break his silence after he canceled his latest legal effort.
“I have not stopped my fight,”
Satterthwaite told his followers.
“I did withdraw my case, but it’s for a reason. I have not gotten a settlement. It is not over.”
He hinted that there’s more happening “behind the scenes,” though he refused to spill the details — at least for now.
Satterthwaite’s claims date back to the early ’90s when, he says, his late mother Wanda Satterthwaite had a fling with the then-rising rapper. At the time, Wanda was reportedly 16, while JAY-Z — born Shawn Carter — was 22.
According to court documents and family claims, Wanda insisted until she died in 2019 that the hip-hop billionaire was Rymir’s biological father. The family has been in and out of court since 2010, trying to force a DNA test — but time and time again, judges have tossed out the cases due to lack of evidence or jurisdictional issues.
JAY-Z has consistently denied the allegations. His legal team most recently slammed the claims as “fabricated” and accused Satterthwaite of “long-standing harassment.”

In May, Satterthwaite filed a new lawsuit in federal court in California — but this time, instead of demanding a paternity test, he accused JAY-Z of fraud and abuse of process. The case alleged that the mogul used his “pervasive and omnipresent influence” to manipulate the court system and cause Satterthwaite emotional distress.
The complaint was quietly withdrawn last week before JAY-Z’s legal team even filed a response.
Court records show the motion to withdraw was filed on July 18 and formally entered by the court on July 22.
Legal experts say if the case was dismissed without prejudice — and all signs suggest it was — Satterthwaite can refile. This means that, technically, this saga could start all over again.
Adding fuel to the fire, Nicki Minaj — who had beefed with JAY-Z’s Roc Nation — appeared to support Satterthwaite earlier this summer. In a cryptic post, she shared a photo of him with JAY-Z and wrote,
“Oh is this why he was trending the other day? Idk. I hope all is well. To God be the glory.”
Rumors have also swirled that 50 Cent may be backing Satterthwaite’s legal battle — though nothing official has been confirmed.
One of the most explosive elements in the case is the alleged age gap: If Wanda Satterthwaite was 15 or 16 when she got pregnant, that raises serious questions — and could be part of why JAY-Z has steered clear of any DNA test.
Satterthwaite’s original filings also named another man, Robert Graves, as a possible father. Graves reportedly took a DNA test and was ruled out.
Satterthwaite made it clear during his livestream that he’s not backing down.
“This is not about money,” he insisted. “This is about the truth.”


